|Due to new health agency recommendations related to COVID-19, in-person events at Hacksburg have resumed! All events will be in-person + online ("hybrid") from now on.|
Hacksburg is a community workshop located in Blacksburg, VA at 1872 Pratt Drive, in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
Want to join Hacksburg? Start by reading this page!
We're a registered 501c3 non-profit and love donations! Read more here.
Weekly meeting every Tuesday 7:30 PM. Feel free to come by for a tour! This meeting is open-to-the-public and followed by an open-to-the-public work session starting at the end of the meeting to whenever the last member leaves. Also feel free to attend to learn more about Hacksburg and take a virtual tour! The meeting link is https://meet.hacksburg.org/OpenGroupMeeting for attending virtually.
Make sure to RSVP for events before attending at email@example.com. All classes 1:00PM-4:00PM unless otherwise noted.
- October 2: Canning and Preserving
- October 9: Natural Pigments and Fabric Dying
- October 16 and 23: Hacksburg Cider Pressing!
- October 30: Hard Cider Making, Ages 21+
- November 6: Welding 101 (Stick and TIG)
- November 8: TIG welding after Tuesday meeting
- November 13: Wood Lathe Candlesticks
- November 20: Laser Cutter 101
- December 4: Holiday Ornaments
Classes are $5 for non-members and free for members unless otherwise noted.
Check out and RSVP to these events on MeetUp (https://www.meetup.com/HacksburgVA/) as well!
- September 10, 10am: Roanoke Robotics 3D Printer Jam (Open House)
- September 23, 11am-3pm: Portsmouth Maker Fest
- September 28, 5:30pm: Science on Tap - All about the James Webb Telescope
- September 30-October 1: VTSFFC Inivisifest
- October 1, 9am: Sustainable Blacksburg Bike Parade
- November 5, 10am: Hill City Robot Combat V
- November 5, 10am-2pm: Repair Cafe at the NRV ReStore
- December 3, 8:30am: VWCC Autonomous Robot Competition
- Electronics Bench
- Wood Shop
- Metal Shop
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutter
- Sewing corner
- Computers, Displays, and internet connectivity
- Tool Wishlist -- **Please use this set of pages to offer donations or to request tools.**
- Hacksburg Cloud
- Ideas for Let's Code Blacksburg Classes
- Ideas for Radford Creativity Class
- The Search for (and finding of) a 3D Printer
- 2015 Summer Booth Project
- Community Agreement
- Space Rules
- Safety Policies
- Event Policies
- Membership Application
- Equipment Donation Form
- Equipment Loan Form
- Event Request Form
- Paper PDF Forms
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Infrastructure Documentation
- Adafruit Group Buy **(CLOSED)**