Membership qualifications are enumerated in Article II, Section 2 of our Bylaws.
To gain membership to Hacksburg, one must do the following:
- Read and agree to the Community Agreement and the Space Rules.
- Fill out the Membership Application form and the Liability Waiver (if they aren't already on file).
- Go on a quick orientation conducted by a member of the Board of Directors (if the member is new to Hacksburg). This should go over the following:
- A tour of the space;
- The online spaces Hacksburg has;
- The Community Agreement and the Space Rules;
- Access to the building; and
- Answers to questions from the new member.
|Membership Term||Membership Rate|
You can pay here
Explanation of Terms
Full members get all benefits of being a member, including 24/7 access to the space and voting rights on Hacksburg business.
Undergraduate or graduate students attending local universities may qualify for the student rates listed above. Students must be taking at least one credit-hour of courses during the time of their membership to be eligible. Proof of enrollment must be submitted to get a discount; contact your registrar for information on how to get it.
Group membership is designed for organizations, formal or informal, that would like a space to work and meet. For each payment of the membership fee above, groups get one key to share among them for up to six group members designated on the application. Groups may host additional members in the space by paying for extra keys; a 12-member group, for instance, would pay $120/month for month-to-month use of the space.
For each key they are paying for, a group must designate at least one keyholder, and may designate at least one alternate if they wish. At least one keyholder is required to be in the space at all times when group members are present. Each group keyholder may host five (5) additional persons at the space for a total of six (6) group members.