Jump to navigation Jump to search
These rules exist to making working in the space pleasant.
Hacksburg is not your home
- No sleeping or living in the space. Naps are OK.
- No cooking food beyond what a reasonable person would do in a work breakroom. Hot Pockets are OK; a three-course dinner is not.
- No smoking in the space or within 25 feet of the space entrances.
- Discard cigarette butts in specified receptacles; there's one just outside the space.
- No pets in the space unless they're service animals.
- No bikes in the main area of the space unless they're being used for a project. Otherwise, secure all bikes in the storage area.
- Minors over the age of 8 may enter the space if they are attended by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Said parent or guardian must sign a minor consent form and takes full responsibility for the minor's conduct at all times.
- Children under 8 are not permitted in the space under any circumstances.
- Each Full Member may bring up to two guests with them into the space.
- Members are responsible at all times for their guests' conduct while in the space, including the following of safety policies.
- Each guest must be signed in and out of the guest roster when they enter the space and have a liability waiver on file.
- When getting a tool or piece of equipment from the storage area, sign it out.
- When returning a tool or piece of equipment to the storage area, sign it back in.
- You are expected to follow safety policies for equipment at all times. If you don't know them, ask before you use the equipment. Incidents caused by a failure to follow safety policy will be dealt with severely.
Hacksburg is not your garbage dump
Members of Hacksburg are expected to clean up after themselves and their guests.
- Put tools back in their proper storage space and sign them back in when you're finished using them.
- When finished with a work area, please make sure it is neat and tidy (even if it wasn't before) so that someone else can work there.
- This goes for the break areas as well. Put back all condiments, make sure all drink cans, paper plates, and utensils are disposed of properly, etc.
- If you make a mess or cause a spill, you are expected to clean it up.
- No abandoning property at the space. If you want to donate something, talk to the Board of Directors.
- Abandoned property becomes the property of Hacksburg after 48 hours, and may be summarily disposed of as the Board of Directors sees fit.
Remember, people are here to work.
- When doing anything involving loud noise, warn people first.
- Don't crowd people when they're trying to work. Jostling them while handling a Dremel, for instance, will not end well.
- People may not be in the mood to socialize while working. If they're not, respect that. Not doing so may constitute harrassment.
- Additionally, keep loud conversations to a minimum in the space while others are working.
- No bothering other people's projects unless they give you permission. Doing so may constitute harrassment.