Hacksburg is a 501c3 non profit organization.
Hacksburg is Blacksburg’s first makerspace. We provide opportunities for the Blacksburg community to innovate, educate, and create. A makerspace is just your dream garage, at a fraction of the cost, and full of smart people. After two and half years Hacksburg has recently been approved as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which will help us to fulfill our mission to provide members of the Blacksburg community with opportunities to complete projects that otherwise would be out of their reach. We are requesting your support. As a nonprofit 501c3 your donations are tax deducatible. We are very happy to take in kind donations of working tools and equipment or money.
Whether through access to equipment, mentorship, or simply help Hacksburg is meant to be a useful resource to help the community build anything from rockets to rocking chairs. Hacksburg believes that sometimes what holds people back from learning something new or doing a project is being able to find the right learning resource, or having access to specific equipment. Hacksburg attempts to help the local community by having an assortment of classes and equipment available along with members who can help educate and troubleshoot when people get stuck.
Hacksburg has woodworking equipment, sewing equipment, electronics equipment and 3D printers. Our membership is open to anyone 18 years or older. For our members we offer 24/7 access to noise-tolerant space with tools and equipment. This is ideal for those who live in apartments or other situations where space for projects or noise of projects can be an issue.
In addition to providing access to resources to help create, Hacksburg teaches an assortment of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) classes to community members of all ages. Hacksburg’s classes and weekly open work nights are open to anyone in the community. Hacksburg offers classes such as building basic electric circuits for children, Tea 101, 3D printing, homebrewing, prosthetics by Chris DeHart, Introduction to Arduino (microcontroller), Basic Woodworking Safety, Sewing 101, and Introduction to Soldering. With support from people like you we plan to add equipment so that we can offer additional classes such as using a CNC cutter, as well as reduce the cost of classes.
Through your support Hacksburg will be able to provide greater opportunities for the Blacksburg community to complete their projects while helping to educate the next generation of inventors and crafters. Your support will help Hacksburg and create opportunities for Blacksburg to be center of the new maker economy. We look forward to potentially partnering with you to make Hacksburg a thriving hub for creators in Blacksburg. If you have any questons, or would like to visit the Hacksburg space please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration.
- We are part of the PayPal Giving Fund - you can select us as a charity on PayPal partners like eBay and Humble Bundle.
- Cash (stop by our Tuesday meetings)
- Check (made out to "Hacksburg" and mailed to Hacksburg, 1872 Kraft Drive, Suite 1620, Blacksburg, VA)
- #GivingTuesday on Facebook
Support Hacksburg each time you shop on Amazon using Amazon Smile?
If you often forget to use Amazon Smile here are some browser extensions to help you out:
Kroger Community Rewards
Do you shop at Kroger? You can help Hacksburg out every time you shop as we are enrolled with the Kroger Community Rewards Program.
To enroll your Kroger Plus Card
- Visit Kroger Community Rewards (be sure to have your Kroger Plus Card!)
- Click Register if you do not yet have a community rewards website, otherwise click sign in
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Search for us by our **NPO DA497**, then select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- All participants of an organization are required to re-enroll each year beginning August 1st.
- Only purchases made when you swipe your Korger Plus Card will count.
Give Big NRV
If you shop Humble Bundle use the following directions to make us your charity of choice:
- Go to the bottom of the page to the "Support Charity" area. It says "We feature a different charity every month. Or choose your own!"
- Look at the current charity, to the right is some text "If you would like to support a different charity, select a new one from our database of thousands."
- Click “Select a new one”
- A Search option appears.
- Search on name “hacksburg”
- In the list of results click "Select" under Hacksburg's logo.
- You’ll now see hacksburg in the slots the selected charity was before.
We need (used is OK) equipment for our electronics bench, woodshop and metal shop. A few examples; a cnc mill, lathe, or welder. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel you might have equipment to donate or lend!