|Due to health agency recommendations related to COVID-19, in-person events at Hacksburg have been moved online! Please review Hacksburg's COVID-19 Response for more info.|
Hacksburg is a community workshop located in Blacksburg, VA at 1872 Pratt Drive, in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
Want to join Hacksburg? Start by reading this page!
We're a registered 501c3 non-profit and love donations! Read more here.
Weekly meeting every Tuesday 7:30 PM. Due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, the meeting now occurs online. Feel free to attend to learn more about Hacksburg and take a virtual tour! The meeting link is https://meet.hacksburg.org/OpenGroupMeeting.
Make sure to RSVP for events before attending at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 24: Joint Lightsaber Class with the Lightsaber Club at Virginia Tech
- April 25: Metal Casting
- May 2: Designing Costumes with LED Lights
- May The Fourth: May The Fourth (be with you) Star Wars Day Special Meeting (no RSVP)
- May 16: Laser Cutter Introduction and Stamp Making
- May 23: Small Engine Care and Maintenance
- June 6: Silicone Mold Making
- June 13: Knife Sharpening
- June 27: 3D Printer Build/Workshop Day (no RSVP)
Classes are $5 for non-members and free for members.
Check out these events on MeetUp (https://www.meetup.com/HacksburgVA/) as well!
- May 18, 2021 from 12:30-1:30: 3D-Printed Assistive Technology
- This is one accessibility brown bag session you don’t want to miss. Guest speaker Ken Hackbarth is a maker who uses his expertise in 3D printing to build assistive technology. His talk is called “3D-Printed Keyguards - Your Gateway to 3D-Printed Assistive Technology.” This talk isn’t just about assistive technology, though — you’ll learn how 3D printing opens a window into a different and fascinating world. Whether you're interested in 3D printing, assistive technology, or improving people's lives -- this talk will challenge the way you think about people and technology.
- Stratasys 3D Printer Truck at Virginia Western College: https://www.meetup.com/StarCitySWUG/events/277228433/
- Virginia Tech Library Game Night: https://calendar.lib.vt.edu/calendar/events/springgamenight2021
- Electronics Bench
- Wood Shop
- Metal Shop
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutter
- Sewing corner
- Computers, Displays, and internet connectivity
- Tool Wishlist -- **Please use this set of pages to offer donations or to request tools.**
- Hacksburg Cloud
- Ideas for Let's Code Blacksburg Classes
- Ideas for Radford Creativity Class
- The Search for (and finding of) a 3D Printer
- 2015 Summer Booth Project
- Community Agreement
- Space Rules
- Safety Policies
- Event Policies
- Membership Application
- Equipment Donation Form
- Equipment Loan Form
- Event Request Form
- Paper PDF Forms
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Infrastructure Documentation
- Adafruit Group Buy **(CLOSED)**