|Due to new health agency recommendations related to COVID-19, in-person events at Hacksburg have resumed! All events will be in-person + online ("hybrid") from now on.|
Hacksburg is a community workshop located in Blacksburg, VA at 1872 Pratt Drive, in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
Want to join Hacksburg? Start by reading this page!
We're a registered 501c3 non-profit and love donations! Read more here.
Weekly meeting every Tuesday 7:30 PM. Feel free to come by for a tour! This meeting is open-to-the-public and followed by an open-to-the-public work session starting at the end of the meeting to whenever the last member leaves. Also feel free to attend to learn more about Hacksburg and take a virtual tour! The meeting link is https://meet.hacksburg.org/OpenGroupMeeting for attending virtually.
Make sure to RSVP for events before attending at firstname.lastname@example.org. All classes 1:00PM-4:00PM unless otherwise noted.
- August 22: Woodworking 101 $10 for non-members and $15 for members.
- August 29: Laser Cutter 101
- September 5: Aluminum Casting 101
- September 12: Canning Basics, Ages 12+
- September 19: 3D Printer Work Day and Print Post-Processing Workshop, Ages 16+
- September 26: CNC Milling and CAM, Ages 16+
- October 10: Seventh Annual Hacksburg Cider Pressing!, All ages, bring your own apples
- October 15, 6:00PM to 10:00PM: Habicraft, held by Hacksburg and the Christiansburg Habitat for Humanity ReStore: https://allevents.in/blacksburg/habicraft-building-competition/200021587373509
- October 17: Seventh Annual Hacksburg Cider Pressing!, All ages, bring your own apples
- October 24: Fermenting Basics, Ages 21+
- October 26 (Tuesday Meeting): Pumpkin carving, may or may not involve lasers
- October 31: First Annual Pumpkin Chunkin!
Classes are $5 for non-members and free for members unless otherwise noted.
Check out these events on MeetUp (https://www.meetup.com/HacksburgVA/) as well!
- August 11, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Tech on Tap with Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council
- August 24, 5:30PM-8:30PM: Let's Code Blacksburg Arduino Programming Workshop
- August 23-27: VT CRC GameChanger Week
- August 25, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm: Hacksburg Open House and Tours
- September 4: Gobblerfest at Viginia Tech
- November 5-6: Invisifest with the Science Fiction and Fantasy Club at Virginia Tech
- Electronics Bench
- Wood Shop
- Metal Shop
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutter
- Sewing corner
- Computers, Displays, and internet connectivity
- Tool Wishlist -- **Please use this set of pages to offer donations or to request tools.**
- Hacksburg Cloud
- Ideas for Let's Code Blacksburg Classes
- Ideas for Radford Creativity Class
- The Search for (and finding of) a 3D Printer
- 2015 Summer Booth Project
- Community Agreement
- Space Rules
- Safety Policies
- Event Policies
- Membership Application
- Equipment Donation Form
- Equipment Loan Form
- Event Request Form
- Paper PDF Forms
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Infrastructure Documentation
- Adafruit Group Buy **(CLOSED)**